The revolutionary world around mobile phones is quickly changing day by day and for the early adopters, you may have already upgraded your tecno c8 phone to android marshmallow with the HiOS upgrade. I did a post on How to Upgrade Tecno C8 to Android HiOS marshmallow and this post is useful for those who upgraded and wish to downgrade tecno c8 from HiOS to android lollipop 5.0.
Whereas the HiOS upgrade brings much life to the tecno c8 in terms of the functionality and performance, I have had a few complains on the functionality and performance as a result of the HiOS upgrade. Another reason for the downgrade could be that you just want to install the Samsung custom ROM on your Tecno C8 which is only possible if you are running Android lollipop on the C8. To this effect therefore, a user inquired if it were possible to downgrade tecno c8 from HiOS to android lollipop 5.0. Well, good news to those of you out there who want to downgrade tecno c8 and go back to the android 5.0 lollipop. Before you proceed with the downgrade, some patience may help as I am aware that TECNO is working on fixing some of the bugs experienced with the HiOS upgrade on tecno camon 8 (tecno c8).
Initially, I had a tutorial on how to upgrade the Infinix Hot x507 form android kitkat to android lollipop and this method is almost similar with the difference only on the flash tool used. Check it out for reference purposes. That said, lets get to business right away.
How to downgrade tecno c8 from HiOS to Lollipop
- A Computer or Laptop with Internet Connection
- VCOM Drivers installed on your machine. Find instructions on how to download and install them here
- Tecno C8 Downgrade Tool. Get it here (HiFlashTool-C8-H352-A2-L-20160307.exe)
- USB Cable
- TECNO Camon C8 running HiOS
- Unzip the downloaded “HiFlashTool-C8-H352-A2-L-20160307.exe” package
- Open the folder and RUN the Downgrade Package AS AN ADMINISTRATOR (right click on the unzipped package and select run as administrator)
- Let the package finish loading until you have something exactly like this
- With your C8 switched off, (Remember to turn on USB Debugging before switching off the phone) connect it to your computer using the USB Cable.
- The downgrade process will automatically start when your computer recognizes the device. Do not try to interrupt the process by either turning your computer off, or unplugging your phone from the computer. This will definitely brick your phone
- When the process is done, you will see a green tick as shown below.
- Disconnect your phone and power it on. You should now have Android Lollipop 5.0. It will take quite while to boot for the first time after the downgrade. So don’t panic, sit back and grab a cup of coffee.
Use the comment section in case of any questions. That’s how to install custom rom on tecno c8. Find download links for Stock ROMs of other tecno Phones HERE.