Among the most reliable android phones is the Lenovo K3 Note. Already, the device has received its android update from Google. Also, the firmware for the device has been released and it comes with the capability to automatically update it without any bugs. Also, the custom recovery and the root method have been officially released. If you have interest in the Lenovo K3 Note upgrade to CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM, then this is the right place for it. but before that, check out List of Lenovo Smartphones Which Will Receive Android Nougat. Stay ready.
While the firmware is from a very reputable XDA Forum, it ought to be known beforehand that tampering with the ROM of your phone will void its warranty. Besides that, there is always the risk of bricking your device. However, the same software has been applied to many devices with success.
Lenovo K3 Note upgrade to CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM
The method is divided into two stages namely the pre-upgradation steps and the final upgradation steps.
These steps are meant to prepare the phone for the upgrading process. Ensure you do not miss a single step of it.
- Ensure that the device you have is actually the Lenovo K3 Note. You can confirm that by going to the Settings then About Phone. Avoid using this method on another phone. This is because it can brick the other phone, and the upgrade cannot be run on devices without unlocked bootloaders.
- After that, make a backup on the ROM of the device using software such as the Nandroid Backup and Restore App. You can back up the other data using either a cloud service or on a computer.
- Make sure you have charged the phone to a good percentage since the process will rely entirely on the battery.
- Make sure you have also uninstalled or simply disabled the antivirus software on your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by following the following prompt; Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
You would have made your Lenovo K3 Note ready for the upgrade to CyanogenMod 12.1.
Final Upgradation Steps
These are the actual upgrading steps.
- Start by downloading the CyanogenMod 12.1 to your computer. It should have the Google Apps you need for the upgradation process.
- Using a USB cable, transfer the zipped file to the SD card of your phone. Disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it off.
- Start your device in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up key and the Power button at the same time.
- When in the recovery mode, choose wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition.
- Select install zip from SD card then choose zip from internal SD card.
- Choose the location from your device where you placed the zipped folder and start the upgrading process.
- Go through the same steps for the google apps then restart the phone normally.
You would have upgraded the device successfully to the new software. Enjoy the new features that come with the upgrading.