Android phones are everywhere and we keep buying more even if we still have others with us. The question is where do these old phones go? Do you personally put then to good use or you’ve just dumped them someplace idle? Well, today I will show you a cool trick to turn old unused Android phone into a Security or CCTV camera. To be able to use your smartphone as a security camera, you will need at least two phones. One will serve as the camera while the other will be the viewing point or device.
We all know you could sell the old unused phone and spend the money on groceries or something. How about opting to put that old smartphone, android or iPhone to better use? Let’s dive deep into the details.
Requirements to Turn old unused Android phone into a Security or CCTV camera:
- At least two Android phones or iPhones
- Internet connection: WiFi or 3G/4G
- An app called Home Security Camera – Alfred
- Basic Smartphone using techniques
Turn old unused Android phone into a Security or CCTV camera.
First of all, head over to Google Play store download the app called Home Security Camera – Alfred onto both the devices. The devices can be more than two, in fact as many as possible. This will mean you have more than one cameras in place and a single phone will be the viewer.
Once the app is downloaded, open the app on the phone and sign in with the same Gmail account on all the phones. Remember to specify which phone will be the camera and which one will be the viewer. You can set as many camera devices as you can that’s if you have more devices.
After setting them up, position the ‘camera’ phones where you want and remember to keep the app running. You also need an internet connection on both the devices. You can now monitor all the cameras from the viewer device live from wherever you are.
Extra Features of Home Security Camera – Alfred
- You can see and speak to your family members, visitors or wherever is in front of the camera remotely through the viewer phone.
- The app has Motion Detection ability. In the case of movement in front of the camera, the app will send a notification to the viewer device with the video. Motion detection videos are saved in the app for seven days.
- It has flashlight and night vision ability integrated. This features can be turned on remotely from the viewer device and the camera will respond accordingly.
- You can use both the front and the rear camera. Switching between the cameras can be done remotely too on the viewer device.
- The app also shows the battery level of the camera and the signal too.
Explore the beauty that this app brings and put your old phone to good use. Am sure you can now Turn old unused Android phone into a Security or CCTV camera. Feel safe and secure knowing that your property, baby or home is on watch while you are away.