If you need to factory reset HP Spectre X360, this guide will help you do so without issues. The HP Spectre X360 is a premium laptop with lots of great features to go with it. However, like all computers, it faces problems with the hardware or software. While there is an array of options to fix these issues, the last resort is always a factory reset. Before delving into the details of how to factory reset HP Spectre X360, there are a few details you need to know about a factory reset.
First, a factory reset will remove any changes you would have made to the computer since you bought it. That means deleting any files you would have added such as pictures, movies, documents and even drivers that did not come with the computer from the manufacturer. It is thus advisable to make a backup of your important files before deciding on a factory reset. Secondly, a factory reset generally depends on the operating system you are running. Below is a guide to factory reset the HP Spectre.
For Windows 7, you need to follow these steps:
- Turn off your computer using the normal procedure.
- Turn it on but then press and hold the F8 function key.
- When the advanced settings screen shows up, choose the Repair Your Computer option then the enter key.
- Choose the language of choice then click next.
- You can log in with the administrative account when prompted.
- In the options that appear, choose either System Restore or Startup Repair.
- Follow the instructions that follow to complete.
Windows 8 or 8.1
If your HP Spectre is running Windows 8 or 8.1, the process of restoring it to factory settings is a bit different. If you bought the computer with Windows 8 installed, upgraded it to 8.1 and are resetting it to factory settings, you will revert it back to Windows 8. Follow these steps:
- Start your computer then navigate to the settings section of the home screen.
- Click the Change PC Settings option.
- Choose Update and Recovery and choose Recovery in the next menu that appears.
- At the Refresh your PC without affecting your files, choose Get started.
- Follow the next prompts to refresh the computer.
When resetting the computer to factory settings, follow the same procedure but, when you reach the Refresh your PC without affecting your files, choose the rest option.
For Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Start the computer then open the Start menu.
- Type the Recovery then click the enter button.
- When the recovery screen opens, choose the Get started button then click on Reset this PC.
- If the computer requests that you insert media, do so with a Windows 10 disk then choose on Remove everything.
- You can then follow the prompts afterwards such as deleting the partitions created on the local hard drive.
- After cleaning the computer, click on Reset and wait for the process to be completed.
All the processes explained above will factory reset HP Spectre X360.