When you need to connect iPad to TV wirelessly without Apple TV, the options may not seem feasible until you try them out and realize that you may not really need an Apple TV after all. In this article, we explore the many ways in which you can view the content on your iPad without the wires and Apple TV. While Apple fronts the Apple TV as the best solution to link your iOS and macOS devices to the TV, the Apple TV has various disadvantages which turn off some users. Read Also: How to connect Android phone to CRT TV with AV ports to view mobile content
Besides being relatively expensive, the aspect of having an extra decoder-like object on your TV stand makes it cluttered. Unless you are heavily invested in the Apple TV with games and apps and TV content (movies and series), you can bypass that method and employ the options offered here.
connect iPad to TV wirelessly using AirServer
One of the easiest ways of connecting the iPad or iPhone screen to the TV without the need for an Apple TV is using AirServer. This is a piece of software that helps you bypass the need for an Apple TV yet still enjoy your content on the TV screen. To harness this method, follow these steps:
- Download the AirServer software to your Mac or PC. While it is a paid app, you can start off by using the free trial version before parting with your cash for it. The purpose of the AirServer software is to serve as an Apple TV.
- On your iPad, access the control center and find the AirPlay button. Check the list of the devices connected to AirPlay.
- Find the name of the PC or Mac installed with the AirServer software and connect it. Your PC or Mac will now be connected through AirPlay.
- Turn the mirroring for the Mac or PC to ON on the iPad.
- Just like that, you are ready to mirror your iPad to your computer.
Given that the aim is to provide a wireless link between the iPad and the TV, simply hook your computer to the TV with an HDMI cable and you are good to go. This workaround works well as opined by users.
The use of the AirServer option was picked upon due to the ease with which you can harness it to enjoy your iPad content on the large screen. If you want to dig into the settings and put your geek mantle to the test, there are many other methods which may or may not include wires. They include:
- Using a Lightning Digital AV Adaptor
- Using AirBeamTV
- Using dr.fone iOS Screen Recorder
- Using the Raspberry Pi computer
Of all the methods available to bypass the Apple TV to connect iPad to TV wirelessly without Apple TV, the one requiring the Raspberry Pi computer is the most difficult. You are advised to only try it out if you are sure of what you are doing and have some background in programming.