Tecno launched its latest phone in the Camon series, the Tecno Camon 12 Air. For this reason, here is How to Unlock Bootloader on Tecno Camon 12 Air. If you like to use the full capabilities of your Tecno device, we all know you have to root the Tecno Camon 12 Air for those who know what it means to have a rooted phone. The first step to rooting Tecno Camon 12 Air is unlocking its Bootloader.
In this publication, we will be using a Computer or laptop. In case you were looking for how to Unlock BootLoader on Tecno Camon 12 Air without a Computer or laptop, then this is not the tutorial for you.
Unlock Bootloader on Tecno Camon 12 Air
- Laptop or Computer (PC)
- Install MTK Drivers on your Computer.
- ADB FastBoot Devices On your Computer.
- Enable USB Debuging and OEM Unlocking on your Tecno Camon 12 Air Phone
Procedure To Unlock Bootloader on Tecno Camon 12 Air
Okay, Let’s cut to the Chase, shall we? Follow the steps below to Unlock Bootloader on your Tecno Camon 12 or any other Android MTK phone. With this method, you won’t get the error below as is in most cases.
FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state)
finished. total time:
- Download ADB Fast Boot Devices, Run the Installer as an administrator and follow the prompts to install ADB Fast Boot Devices. Type in Yes when prompted.
- Open the ADB folder downloaded above
- Hold down Shift (on the keyboard) then right-click on a blank space in the folder > Select Open Command window here
- Command prompt screen (ADB) should now be open
- Connect the phone to PC through a USB cable (At this point your phone is still on).
- In the Command prompt opened in (3 above), type in adb devices and hit enter.
- If you’ve set up everything right, the device should get detected under List of devices attached. If not then you need to confirm you have the right drivers installed.
- The next step is to Run the command adb reboot-bootloader to get the phone to reboot into the Fast boot Mode.
- Once the phone reboots in fast boot mode, you need to run the command fastboot devices to test detection/connection to the device. If everything is set-up right, you should see its ID will be shown.
- Use this command; fastboot getvar unlocked to check the phone’s Bootloader status (whether it’s locked or unlocked). If the Bootloader is already unlocked then you should see “Unlocked”; you can stop following this guide from here. If the Bootloader is still locked, you should see Unlocked: no
- Run the command below to unlock Bootloader on Tecno Camon 12 Air; fastboot flashing unlock You will get a prompt on your phone to press volume Up to unlock the bootloader, just do so.
- Once Once Bootloader is unlocked, reboot the phone using this command; fastboot reboot. And that’s how you unlock Bootloader on Tecno Camon 12 Air.
NOTE: Alternative commands for step 10 above are fastboot oem unlock and fastboot oem unlock-go . You can use the two in case the one mentioned doesn’t work. Personally I tried these two and I was getting this error; FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state)
finished. total time:
That’s it for today. We will be looking to root the Tecno Camon 12 Air in the next publication. Read also How to byPass Google FRP on Tecno N2S without a Computer