The Huawei GR5 is in the hands of many users at the moment. It is a beautiful phone with great specifications to go with. In terms of performance, the GR5 is no sloth as shown from various speed tests. However, the phone can even be made to perform even better when the restrictions of the manufacturer are lifted. To attain that, the phone needs to be rooted. As a recent phone, it may be difficult having to root it since programmers have not trained their focus on it.
However, there are various available ways in which the phone can be rooted as it shall be sending here. Rooting, however, has the risk of bricking a device besides voiding its warranty. However, the benefits of rooting a device are so many it makes sense. One only needs to be careful with the rooting process to do it correctly. If you intend to root Huawei GR5, here are some ways of doing it.
Root Huawei GR5 Using Kingo Root
Kingo root is one of the most used rooting programs. It is easy to use and does not require any special knowledge. It is also free and can thus be used by anyone. Here is how to do it;
- Go online on your computer and find the KingoRoot software. Install it on your computer as per the given instructions.
- Connect the Huawei GR5 to your computer using a USB cable.
- After a while, the KingoRoot software will detect your device.
- At the bottom of the software dialog, you will see the Root button which you should click and wait.
- When the device has been rooted, it will restart.
- Disconnect it from the computer and use a root checker to verify if it is rooted.
Root Huawei GR5 Using Rootkhp
The other program to use for rooting your device is the Rootkhp program. It works almost the same way as the KingoRoot software but with a few differences. Here is how;
- Locate the latest version of the Rootkhp.pro software and download it to your computer.
- Install it as you would install other programs to your computer.
- Launch the program followed by connecting your phone to the computer using its USB cable.
- On the program is a Root button which should be pressed to start the rooting process.
- Wait until the program informs you of having rooted the program.
You would be through with the process of rooting Root Huawei GR5.
The reason from using the two methods rather than the others which require the bootloader and other such programs is that they have been proven not to be working as needed. The methods described here are focused on using universal software to work. Both KingoRoot and Rootkhp can be used with many different phones without any issues.
Also, the specific TWRP recovery tool used to root Huawei GR5 are not available. The ones available are not working and, until they are fixed, using the two methods above will the only way to root your phone. Simple and straight.