The Infinix Note 3 X601 and the Note 3 Pro LTE are among the very latest phones from Infinix. If you intend to root Infinix Note 3 Pro or the earlier version, the infinix Note 3 X601, here is how. However, be aware that you will lose your warranty besides running the risk of bricking your device. Let me just mention that the infinix note 3 pro is a slight improvement of the original infinix note three. The difference is mainly the RAM. Follow each step as written here for safety.
Requirements to root Infinix Note 3 and infinix note 3 pro
For this exercise, you will need the following hardware and software;
- Windows computer
- USB cable for your Note 3/ Pro
- The Infinix Note 3 Pro TWRP Recovery. or the Infinix Note 3 TWRP
- Download infinix SP Flash Tool.
- MediaTek USB Vcom drivers.
- Download Super SU Update
Step 1: Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix note 3 Pro or Note 3
Follow this steps to install TWRP recovery on your Infinix Note 3 Pro or the infinix note 3, depending on the one you have.
- First, install the Mediatek Vcom driver on your computer. Download from the link in requirements.
- Start by extracting the TWRP recovery file for your Note 3 Pro to your folder of choice. Am assuming you already downloaded the specific one from the links provided above.
- Then extract the SP flash tool also to a folder of your choosing then run the run the flash_tool.exe as administrator.
- Open the extracted SP flash tool folder, locate the SP flashtool .exe file and run it as an administrator, click the scatter-loading or browse option, depending on the sp flash tool in use, then navigate to the extracted TWRP recovery folder and select the txt recovery image for your device labeled scatter.txt.
- Once it loads up, Untick all the other options as you don’t need them and only select recovery.
- Before going to the next step, make sure you have turned on USB debugging on your device. You can do that by navigating to the Settings then Developer Options. Turn it on by checking the box after USB DEBUGGING.
- Turn off your phone, click the Download button of the SP flash tool. Connect the device to your computer using the USB cable from the manufacturer and the download will start.
- The process of installing the TWRP recovery tool on your device will begin and end when you see a green button. Unplug your device.
That is the first stage. The next stage is the most important so stay attentive.
Step 2: How to root Infinix Note 3 Pro
- The first stage is moving the SuperSu.Zip file to the internal memory of your device or to an SD card in your phone. Advised to copy it to the main folder.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the power and volume up buttons together. In this mode, your arrow keys will be the volume keys while your power button the selection tool.
- From the options on the screen, choose to install from sd card.
- Locate the SuperSu.Zip file then select it using the power button.
- The process of rooting and flashing your phone will begin after the selection of this file.
- Following the completion of the installation of the SuperSu.Zip file, reboot your device using the power button.
Congratulations, you have just rooted your Infinix Note 3 (Pro)! You may have noticed that to root Infinix Note 3 Pro requires two main stages. Be sure you follow them strictly since they only work in that order.
Note: Incase you brick your infinix note 3 or note 3 pro phone in the process and you are unable to power it on, you can download the INFINIX NOTE 3 Pro ROM or the INfinix Note 3 Rom and flash it on your phone using the Infinix SP flash tool downloaded above to restore your phone. Make sure you use the specific Rom to your NOTE 3 phone.