It’s a new day here at the Sage family and I will introduce to you yet another amazing trick, how to Operate an Android phone from Computer, PC or Laptop. Have you ever wished you know how to control your Android phone from Computer, PC or Laptop? I bet you have. well, sit back and relax. I had previously done an article on How to Use Android Phone To Control Computer Or Laptop Through Bluetooth which is the direct opposite of what we will be learning today. A new day with a new idea to make you more ‘more sageous.’ This idea came to me when I first broke the screen of my Tecno phone and the screen was all black. I embarked on a research and in a few, I had put together something concrete to help me out with the broken screen as I adjust my budget for a new gadget. Study has it that everyone has that one friend that has a phone with a cracked screen :-). If you are not so much into how to Operate your Android phone from Computer, PC or Laptop maybe because you just want to watch the screen of your phone onto the laptop or computer monitor, then you can simply use this alternative method to Mirror the screen of an android phone on the computer.
How to Operate Your Android phone from Computer, PC or Laptop
This trick will enable you do basically everything on your phone without touching it or looking at it. You will Operate Android your phone from Computer, PC or Laptop with the aid of the computer mouse/touch-pad for a Laptop/PC and the Keyboad for typing in case you are to text. You can use the keyboard to type text messages say in a chat and use the mouse to click around as the phone will be displayed on your computer screen. I will attach a video of this whole procedure at the end of this article for you men who like me are visual creatures 🙂
- Android Phone running android 2.5 and above
- Computer/Laptop/PC Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- USB Cable
- Google chrome App called Vysor
- Internet connection to Download the app above.
- Open Google chrome browser and click on the settings icon (the three horizontal bars at the top right corner). Once on the the settings window, click on the extensions link on the left. Scroll down and click on Get More Extensions. A new window will open up, in the search box, search for Vysor. All you have to do is click on Add to chrome.
- Now open the the Vysor App that you just added to chrome. You will be prompted to install ADB Drivers, Just go ahead, download and install them if you do not have them installed already by simply clicking on the ADB drivers link in the Vysor pop up window.
- After installing the drivers in the step above, go to your phone into the settings menu, under the developer mode and turn on USB Debugging then connect your phone to the Computer using a USB cable.
- The computer will automatically install the Vysor app on your phone and the connect. In a few, you will see a pop-up on your phone with a ‘Vysor is Connected’ notification and a few Keyboard shortcuts, just tap on OK and boom, your phone will be displayed on the screen of your laptop.
You can now use your mouse or whatever pointing device you have to browse around the phone using the normal click function to select or open and the right click button to go back. In case you missed anything in this article, watch the video below to clear your doubts and see the app in action. That is how to Operate Your Android phone from Computer, PC or Laptop. I am hopping this helps you out or maybe your friends. Feel free to ask questions in the comment box below.