Hello readers. Let’s learn about how to view WiFi password on windows 10 PC. Microsoft has been very dynamic when it comes to upgrading their Windows operating systems. From windows 98, vista, Xp, windows 7, windows 8 and now windows 10. Windows 10 is now the most current windows OS for computers. It comes with nice and sleek features and interface. If you haven’t upgraded yours, this it the time now. New generation computers come with WiFi and Bluetooth radio chips. Read Also: How to find wifi password on android without root
Using WiFi, you can share content and internet and internet from a WiFi network. All you have to do is connect your computer’s WiFi to a WiFi wireless network. It can be a public network or a or simply your home WiFi router. Or still, your mobile phone’s hotspot. To connect to a WiFi network, you will require the password of the network you want to connect yo, that is, if it is a secured network. If it is not, you can simply and freely connect to it and can use internet on your laptop or WiFi supported PC.
Once connected, your computer will always remember is that you don’t have to log in again. You can “forget” the network if you want to re-enter the password again. If you have a computer and have one connected to a hotspot, the system remembers that password always and automatically connects to it without asking unless the password was changed.
But, where exactly are these passwords saved on your computer? You have a friend who comes visiting at home. You have a WiFi router. He wishes to connect to the internet and as far as courtesy and hospitality is concerned, you want him to enjoy the privileges of a visitor so, you want him to share internet on your router. Then, you remember your computer is always connected so it automatically connects to the internet on your router. The worst part of it is that you forgot your WiFi password!!! Lucky you. There is a way out. Let us look at how to view WiFi password on windows 10.
View WiFi password on windows 10 PC using wirelesskeyview tool
This tutorial is for computers running on Windows 10 operating system. But if you can navigate well with these tweaks on another version of windows, then, feel free to try. You will have to go through various steps to get that password since it is not openly placed. First, wirelesskeyview tool is a third-party password recovery tool for windows. We shall use it as an example to recover stored WiFi password.
- First, download wirelesskeyview zip file. Remember this is a zipped file and you will have to have a file unzipping tool. For me, winrar. does it for me.
- After you’ve downloaded wirelesskeyview zip, unzip it using your file unzipping tool of your choice. Now locate a file with a .exe extension and run it as an administrator.
- Launch the program now. As soon as it opens, it will display a list of available and once connected wireless networks.
- There will be three columns the first will include the wireless network name, the second will have a long string of keys, then the last will display the network password.
- Select the network you wish and look at its row at the far end you will see it’s key. In the column indicated “key (ASCII). That is your password.
There are other various manual way but this one among all is the best, simple and reliable. Wirelesskeyview tool is not a tool well known by many, but it has potential to give you just what you need. I recommend this too because it is highly reliable.