The Tecno Phantom 6 Plus is a great phone to use. It comes with Android marshmallow (6.0) with a giant screen to enjoy your content. For those with this phone, it is a joy knowing that they can now root it and enjoy much more from it than at the moment. Although the method to root Tecno Phantom 6 Plus is similar to most other phones, it ought to be known that the files specific to this phone are to be found from specific locations.
Another point to note are the implications of rooting your phone. It voids the warranty from the manufacturer and your phone may become a beautiful glass brick if the process is not done correctly. The benefits of a rooted device are, however, so many that it is worth voiding the warranty of the device.
Convinced that you want to root it? Read on.
Steps Root Tecno Phantom 6 Plus
The main stages involved in this process are unlocking the bootloader of the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (A9) and flashing the TWRP recovery.img and SuperSU.zip
- First of all, find the TWRP recovery tool from the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus from this link
- With this process, setup ADB and Fastboot from your computer.
- After downloading the TWRP recovery file, extract its contents and place them in a similar folder as the ADB.exe and fastboot.exe files.
- The next procedure is that of unloading the bootloader of your Tecno Phantom 6 Plus using these steps.
- Find the SuperSU zip file from this link for your phone.
- Copy the file named SuperSU.zip to the internal memory of your device.
- Go to the settings of your phone and enable both USB debugging and OEM unlocking. Connect your phone to your phone with its USB cable.
- Boot it into fastboot then open the command prompt then type in fastboot boot recovery.img followed by pressing the Enter key after which the phone will boot into recovery mode.
- The phone may request to swipe to allow modification of the System partition. In that case, choose the KEEP READ ONLY option.
- If there is an attempt by the TWRP to root your device, deny that by selecting the NO option.
- In the TWRP recovery mode, choose the install option then navigate to where you placed the SuperSU zip file and select it.
- A simple swipe will start the process of flashing the system. Wait until the is finished before doing anything else.
- When the process is complete, reboot the phone normally (with the power button).
It is now a rooted device and you can check that with the Root Checker. You can now go ahead and enjoy whatever capabilities your phone can allow you. Be sure to check out various apps that can only work your device once it has been rooted.