- Technology can be used to enhance critical thinking and critical literacy skills.
- Evaluating the legitimacy and accuracy of the online content is an essential part of the 21st century education.
- Young people should understand the morals and the ethics of using this online content. They should avoid, cyber bullying. I believe the main reason for this is the anonymity of the internet. So therefore the schools should teach about responsibility and accountability in the use of technology in the classrooms and beyond.
- Technology should also be used for collaborations among students and teachers. Technology and social media allows people to share ideas and while it’s arguable that digital media can be kind of meaningless and destructive at a push of a button, I still think that it gives students a voice when they wouldn’t otherwise been heard.
- Students also need to be taught how to deal with criticism, how to give criticism and how to deal with other hoist of issues concerning self-esteem with other online content.
- Use technology in designing creativity. Students are able to create so many kinds of content, written, audio, visual, 2D and 3D. They can create music, videos, photos, magazines and contact experiments. Then after creating this content, they can use the technology to present their ideas whether online or in person.
- With technology, students should be able to create sophisticated work such as car design, architecture, computer databases, softwares, games, 3D animation among others. The problem is that a lot of softwares used to create this things are too expensive and too sophisticated for schools to use and for students to even understand. The other extreme is where the software is so primitive or has absolutely no connection to the software used in real world. Such as windows movie maker compared with adobe premier.
- A software needs to be available where students can create their own software. Some database programs can function like independent softwares on their own. For example the Microsoft access or lotus notes have database making facilities that enable average people to create their own databases, whereas ordinarily it would be too difficult for them to do without any training.
Author: Technology Sage
Technology Sage provides solutions, guides, tips and tricks to all matters mobile phones, computers, software and games. OS and firmware upgrade guides, purchase guides and general technology tweaks are also available. Ask any question on OUR FORUM or WATCH OUR VIDEOS