Understanding Winrar Funtions, advantages and disadvantages is key to its optimal use.Before that, let me introduce what WinRar is.
WinRAR is a very powerful archive manager that helps someone to compress, encrypt and back up files with one utility. It’s a compression utility that supports a large array of formats like ZIP, SFX, NTFS CAB, RAR, ACE, ISO among others. One is able to create, organize and manage files more comfortable in a quick manner. WinRAR creates small archives hence saving disk space which enhances performance and ease of sharing of files. Files that benefit from a special archiving algorithm include audio and graphics files. We shall look at the Winrar Funtions, advantages and disadvantages in details.
Uses of WinRAR/Functions of WinRAR
• It creates shortcuts that enable easy access.
• Supports drag and drop at the same time.
• WinRAR splits archives into several volumes, that is, a large archive is divided into smaller ones hence making it possible to share voluminous files.
• Files can be secured by protecting data with a password.
• WinRAR integrates dedicated features that allow someone to manipulate archives with a single click.
• Files that need to be compressed can be backed up and one can perform virus scanning before decompressing the files. This prevents risking data stored on your computer.
• Repair function comes whenever you try to fix a broken archive.
• Can create a multi-volume archive as SFX, change SFX archives using default and external SFX modules
Advantages of WinRAR
1. WinRAR download offers an original compression algorithm which provides high-compression rations on executable files, large text files and objects.
2. Provides an optional compression algorithm that is highly optimized for multimedia data.
3. WinRAR ensures security of documents and files as it offers services like setting password and adding file and archive comments.
4. WinRAR ensures reliability of data as it repairs physically damaged files and it locks a file to prevent further changes.
5. WinRAR has the ability to create a multi-volume archive as SFX, it can also change SFX archives using default and external SFX modules.
6. WinRAR can support files and archives up to 9, 223, 372, and 036. Number of archived files is unlimited for all
7. RAR 5.0 archives has optional quick open information dialog which allows opening files in WinRAR faster. The version provides better update performance for files that contain both quick information and service records like NTFS file security. Default parameters of quick open information are optimized to achieve faster open time for such archives.
8. Opening RAR 5.0 files with encrypted file names stored in another such archive, an erroneous message that password is incorrect could be issued by WinRAR
9. WinRAR provides functionality for creating a solid archive which can raise the compression ratio by 10% – 50%
over more common methods, particularly when packing large numbers of small files.
10. WinRAR allows someone to handle most common compression formats using a single interface and at high-speed provided by the complex engine under the hood.
Disadvantages Of WinRAR
Although WinRAR has a lot of advantages and that Compression and decompression process work amazingly
fast with WinRAR, the speed of compression and decompression varies with the capability of the computer in use and hence the process may be slower on computers
that are slower. The big problem that can be experienced is when
dealing with hardware resources. Working with three or four archives simultaneously, this can be a bit overwhelming for computers that are slower.