Shopify is an e-commerce platform that hosts online stores, and it is trendy worldwide. Shopify has more than 2.6 million online stores, which is not a surprise because it offers simplicity and allows sellers to make quick sales.
The industry world is constantly changing, and people want to buy products online more and more. That is why the business is booming, and that typically calls for a more significant demand for Shopify developers all around the countries where Shopify is present.
This platform is a user-friendly e-commerce platform, and there are some things you can learn to become a successful seller with a robust store.
Here we will see the top 5 tips on how to be successful on Shopify.
Why You Should Use Shopify
As mentioned before, Shopify is popular all around the world. The company announced that its platform is used in 175 countries. You can create your online store, and it provides you with different types of themes that can be customized to fit your brand and allow you to sell products.
The first benefit you get is a global market, and of course, this means enormous competition, but having a worldwide spread market where you can sell all of your products is vastly valuable.
Another element is building the online store yourself; you don’t need to know how to code to make it. So even if you are a beginner, it’s not a problem. But, of course, it is best to hire a professional that can help you make things a lot more effective.
It is good to mention that it gives you a chance not to buy web hosting or install software anywhere because it runs on its servers.
Top 5 Tips for Success
There are many ways to become successful in a selling business, especially when it is online like Shopify, so we will see the top 5 tips to make a better online store:
- Good images – People react to visualization; that is the first thing that their brain notices. That is why you should never underestimate a good quality image. If you don’t want to pay for a photographer, which by the way, is also a good idea, but if you don’t want to pay, you can download images online for free. You can put your product shots beside your store, and a good image always attracts buyers.
- Mobile friendly – Almost everyone has a smartphone. People use their mobiles all the time, and it is the same for buying products. The first time someone sees your store, it will most likely be on a mobile device.
So that is why you have to make your store mobile-friendly, which automatically means buyer-friendly. Just check the Shopify theme you are using and how it looks on your mobile, and if it is not okay, you can redesign it by considering a fixed header, larger CTA buttons, if possible no popups, and minimal text.
- Legality – People are sometimes afraid of buying online because they think someone might fraud them. It is in your own best interest to show them that buying from you is safe. Shopify provides sellers with a set of policies to list on their store, and you can find them in the setting menu in the Legal part. Learn them and be sure you can abide by the rules.
You can modify the list of exchanges, refunds, and returns from Shopify and include the policy information on your site because otherwise, people probably won’t buy from your store.
- Price numbers – Try to use whole price numbers. Most companies tend to add cents to their prices. You see it all the time when a product price ends with a .99 at the end. And this trick is indeed used for years and years, and a lot of times, it works. But this being an old trick means that people know about it.
On the other hand, changing it to a solid whole number will give the buyer a perception that you are an honest seller.
- More products – This is not entirely necessary, but it is good to try to sell more products if you can. Having a variety of products makes your store look more professional, making you more money. When people find a new store that they are satisfied with, they usually comment on how it had many different products to buy.
These are the top 5 tips you should use to have success on your online store on Shopify. It is evident that this platform is spread worldwide, and millions of people use it to buy products.
So it is your job to provide quality to the buyers. Use these tips to improve and make the best out of it!