no errors. Before trying out this solution, the highest screen resolution showing on my netbook wa 1024 x 600 and we require 1024 x 768.
How to fix Resolution too low to run this app, Change your screen resolution in windows 8
Well, it is wise to mention that before trying this fix, you can try to update your graphics in the Device manager just to see if it fixes the problem. If you are wondering how to do it, check out this link on How To Update Drivers Incase the problem persists, then move on with the following steps. Ensure you are logged in as an administrator.
- Press Windows key + R which brings up the run command.
- In the search box that appears, type in regedt and press enter. (If prompted whether you are sure you want to do this, click yes.
- You will enter the back end of the windows settings. Be sure to do everything right otherwise you may destroy your computer.
- While in this window, press CTRL + F to find.
- In the find what display box type in display1_downscalingsupported and press enter.
- It will display the item we were searching for labeled as Display1_downscalingsupported in the list and what we have to do is to chang its value from 0 to 1.
- Double click it and in the value data field, type in 1 and then press okay.
- That updates the registry and usually you have to restart the system for the changes in the registry to take effect. So just go ahead and restart the system.
- After the reboot, go to properties > Screen resolution and you will notice that the highest possible resolution available is higher than the initial 1024 x 600. Slide the bar up to adjust to the highest screen resolution.
- Click Apply and then Keep Changes
That’s it people. you can now go ahead and enjoy the apps without worrying about screen resolution problems in windows 8 MacBook.