Also known as MarTech, marketing technology helps SMEs and organizations build their business and brand. Marketing teams can use tech tools to support a wide range of marketing strategies, including website management and publishing, social media, content management, and digital advertising.
Without marketing technology, your business can quickly be left behind your competition by missing out on effective communication with customers and clients.
Why Your Business Needs MarTech
Marketing technology has the tools small and medium sized businesses need to compete in this digital world. Reaching customers is now easier than ever with smartphones, with users of the device expected to reach 2.87 billion in 2020. Whether it’s through phones, tablets, or PCs, businesses need to stay on top of the latest technology so they can connect with existing and new customers.
Communication is key to interacting with a digital audience, not just through email and ads on Facebook – by using marketing technology, a positive customer experience can be achieved across multiple digital channels.
Types of Marketing Technology
Thousands of companies are developing and selling marketing technology, with marketing being at the top of the list when it comes to running a successful business. When it comes to choosing what MarTech your business is going to use, you’ll need to determine what tools fit your business profile.
There are six categories that most marketing technology fits into:
- Content management – There’s a saying that content is king. Users want content that’s informative, relevant to what you’re selling, and interesting to read.
- Analytics – Don’t overlook the power of analytic tools. When you measure your performance, you can get ahead of improving the customer experience and fine-tuning your marketing strategies.
- Customer relationship management – Building relationships with customers and focusing on customer retention is made easy with CRM software tools.
- Advertising – Using ads, such as Facebook ads, lets you connect with audiences you might not otherwise reach.
- Social media tools – Creating content, scheduling posts, and staying on top of social media conversations related to your business are important for effective customer communication.
- Email marketing – Email is just as cost effective as ever. A targeted email campaign is a good way to build your brand and reach new customers.
Benefits of Marketing Technology
It doesn’t matter if you’re selling a product or a service, marketing technology helps you sell what you’re offering. With MarTech, your business will see these benefits:
1. Quickly launch new products and services
After developing new products and services, being able to quickly let your customers know what’s new can make all the difference in getting there before your competition. The use of marketing technology combined with the power of cloud platforms can generate leads much faster than traditional forms of advertising.
With platforms such as Google Cloud you’ll have the framework to better manage your marketing strategy. You’ll be able to create a more personalized experience for your customers through promotional messages that are based on analytics. If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to cloud services like Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services, contact a technical team who does, such as EC-MSP, an IT support company in London.
2. Manage your content
Your marketing team has one main task – to sell your product or service. But if you’re not distributing marketing information correctly, you’ll miss out on far too many opportunities. A Digital Asset Management system (DAM) is one MarTech tool that can help you get the most from your brand.
What can DAM do for your business?
- Distribute content across multiple marketing channels.
- Quickly search for digital content, such as images.
- Reuse valuable content that’s already working well for your business.
- Avoid duplication with redundant content.
- Have better control over all your business data.
3. Build stronger customer relationships
Another benefit of marketing technology – accomplished with CRM software – is getting more value from your customer database. Statistics on marketing indicate that CRM is one of the fastest growing software markets, as more businesses begin to understand the importance of providing a better customer experience.
Customer relationship management is an integration of technology with your sales database. With CRM you’ll be able to increase your ROI by targeting upcoming marketing campaigns to specific clients, whether it’s by email or on social media.
CRM software also helps you increase customer communication and engagement by setting up automated alerts and creating consistent messaging to reach your customers. Targeting messaging with content that’s relevant to what people want will bring a significant increase in valuable leads.
4. Optimize your social media
These days you can’t afford not to have a Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook account. These social networks have become the cornerstone of digital marketing, reaching more users than targeted email campaigns. Marketing research shows that on Instagram, 80% of users follow at least one business. That’s a high number, and means you need to use marketing technology combined with social media or you risk not connecting with potential customers.
Consider these MarTech tools for your social media strategy:
- HootSuite Insights – Use this software to find out what people are saying about your brand across social media, other websites, and blog posts.
- Click to Tweet – Create, share, and then track your content after posting on Twitter.
- Edgar – With Edgar, you can create content ahead of time and schedule it to post on your social media accounts. Post new content or re-post evergreen content that’s still relevant and valuable to your business.
- Buffer – This application lets you plan your social media content ahead of time and automate scheduled posting. Not all posts need to be the same – you can customize for each, making your Instagram and Twitter content unique to target different audiences.
Marketing technology is one of the most valuable tools your business can use to build your company and brand. The many tools available can help your marketing strategy when it comes to content creation, social media, and targeting specific customer groups.
Do your research and implement one or more marketing technology tools. By paying more attention to your marketing plan, your business will soon see more success and growth.