“How do I show pictures from my iPhone on my TV?” was the question posted to me today by one of our readers. Well, if you need to show pictures from iPhone to TV, there are several ways you can do with ease. We focus on these methods in the following sections. Even with amazing screens, iPhones and even iPads still require larger screens for the best viewing experience. Read Also: How to fix Most Common iPhone 6S Problems
Ways to show pictures from my iPhone on TV.
Mirroring: Mirroring your iPhone screen on the TV is one of the most used methods given that it overcomes some of the inhibitions faced by the other methods such as AirPlay. However, you will need to set up your TV with Apple TV and make sure you have selected the AirPlay option in the iPhone’s Control Center. Go into the Photos app on your iPhone and click on the Share button. Choose the pictures you need to share then AirPlay as the sharing method. You can then control the photos you need to be seen on the TV by swiping left or right, or simply choose the slideshow option to let them change automatically. Read Also: How to install CCTV on Mobile phones and iPhones
AirPlay: For this method, you will need an Apple TV and a wireless network for it to work. Having connected your TV to the Apple TV with and HDMI cable and the Apple TV and iPhone to the same wireless network, do the following to show pictures from iPhone to TV:
- Select Apple TV in the settings of your iPhone and the home screen will on the TV.
- You can then view the pictures and any other content you want.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter: The Lightning Digital AV Adapter comes with a lightning head on one end and a lightning and HDMI port on the other end. You will also need an HDMI cable for this method to work. To use this adapter, do the following:
- Plug the lightning head into the lightning port of your iPhone or iPad.
- Plug an HDMI cable into the port of the adapter and the other end into the TV HDMI port.
- You may or may not connect the charger to the lightning port of the adapter to charge the device in the case that you will take long using the iPhone or IPad.
- On your TV, choose the HDMI input to see the iPhone screen on the TV.
- On the iPhone Control Center, choose Video Output and you will watch the video or photos cast on the big screen.
You can skip choosing video output if it is just for photos.
Composite AV Cable: If, on the other hand, you own an iPhone or iPad with a 30-pin connector rather than the current Lightning port, you will need the Composite AV Cable. For this cable, you need to use the composite video input on your TV. Anything else is similar to the Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
These are the easiest methods you can use to show pictures from your iPhone to the TV. You can use the same methods to view pictures and other items from your iOS device to the big screen. Read Also: Is Android Better than iPhone? Which one should you buy?