Did you know you can Upgrade Moto G XT1033 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13? The Moto G XT1033 is one of the best Moto devices both in features and price. That has made it among the most popular Android devices available. If you love CyanogenMod 13, then you must be happy learning that it is now available for the Moto G XT1033 as a free download and installation. Wondering how to upgrade the device with Android 6.0 marshmallow CyanogenMod 13? We have the steps for you.
If you are unfamiliar with CyanogenMod, then it is a variant of Android based on the open source nature of the operating system. This variant does not work for specific pieces of hardware and should thus be installed on most phones given the right supporting software.
Upgrade Moto G XT1033 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13
For ease of understanding, the steps have been divided into the pre-upgradation stage and the final upgradation stage. However, before we delve into the actual steps, it ought to be known that, while the software is from a reputable source, neither the vendor nor the phone manufacturer is responsible for anything that happens to it. That risk includes bricking the device or voiding the warranty. Still want to install CyanogenMod 13 on your Moto? Here we go;
The steps to follow in this stage include;
- First, go to Settings then About Phone to ensure that it is actually the Moto G XT1033.
- Besides that, ensure the device has an unlocked bootloader so that the process can work.
- After verifying the above, make sure you have backed up everything on your device. There is no guarantee that the process will keep everything as it is. Cloud computing services will come in hand in this section.
- Before attempting to fire up the process itself, make sure you have charged your device to a good battery level. 100% is our recommendation.
- Uninstall or disable any antivirus software your device uses for the best results.
- Ensure you have enabled USB debugging on your device. This can be done by going to the Settings, Applications, Development and USB debugging.
These steps will prepare your device for the upgrading process which follows below.
Final upgrading process
Follow these steps to complete the process;
- Download the Marshmallow files for your device to your computer. Also, download the needed Google apps for this purpose.
- Connect your device to your computer and move the zipped files to the SD card of your phone. Disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Boot up your device in recovery mode by pressing the Volume up button together with the home key button. While doing this, press the power button.
- In this mode, go to Wipe data/factory reset then Wipe Cache partition.
- After that, go to install zip from SD card then zip from internal SD card. Locate where you placed the zipped file and select it.
- You device will begin the upgrading process then restarts when done. Do the same for the Google apps that came with the download.
That is how to Upgrade Moto G XT1033 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13. Till next time, keep it Technology Sage for all the tech updates.
Author: Technology Sage
Technology Sage provides solutions, guides, tips and tricks to all matters mobile phones, computers, software and games. OS and firmware upgrade guides, purchase guides and general technology tweaks are also available. Here is OUR FORUM, OUR VIDEOS Site and Our APK download Site