The Cubot Note S is a budget phone that most users can afford to own. With a sizeable number of users seeking to root the device, it has been difficult to find a way of doing so since the conventional ways do not work. Universal methods such as using KingoRoot and Rootkhp have also proven futile in this regard. Also, most of the SuperSU files and bootloaders have failed to root the device.
However, as the case is with every headache of a problem in software, there is always a way out. Lucky you Note S owners, a way has been found as it shall be explained here.
Requirements to Root Cubot Note S
- The Cubot Note S running Android 5.1
- Computer and USB cable
- Smartphone flash tool
- The MTK scatter file for Cubot phones
- A SuperSU.zip file
- A modified TWRP recovery tool from here Only this one will work and no other.
- Mediatek vcom drivers for your computer.
Root Cubot Note S
- First, move the SuperSU zip file into the internal memory of your phone. Go to your phone’s settings and enable USB debugging in the developer options section. After that, turn your phone off.
- On your PC, install the vcom drivers. Those running Windows 10 might face an issue during the installation process. To circumvent that, go to the batch file, right click it and edit it by removing the OS check then save it. Go ahead and install the file.
- Open the flash tool you have and select the scatter file you downloaded when requested to choose a scatter file.
- In the drop down dialog, select the download only option.
- Select the recovery option from the list of items to recover and nothing else.
- Still on your computer, click the download option then plug in your phone while it is still switched off. You will see a flash progress bar showing the progress of the flashing of your Cubot Note S.
- When the process is complete, your phone should restart on its own to show that it is rooted. If the phone does not start itself up, head over to the next step.
- First of all, unplug it from the computer. Remove the battery and wait for a while before inserting it back. Boot it into recovery mode using the power button and the volume up key.
- This TWRP mode should allow you flash the SuperSU through swiping the notification. When done, remove the battery again but do not press the restart button. Rather, simply boot up the phone in the normal way.
The process may be a little bit more difficult than other methods but the trick is to go through the stages exactly as stated here. Anything else might brick your phone.