If you already have a Huawei E303 modem, chances are that it will be locked to one network. This tutorial focuses on how to unlock Huawei E303 Modem to accept all networks and sim cards. To unlock it and enjoy everything it can offer, you need to various steps that we will detail below.
Two main methods to unlock Huawei E303 Modem exist; one free and the other one paid for. Since most of us like free things, we will go for the free one. The paid one uses the DC-UNLOCKER while the free one uses Huawei Code Calculator.
Unlock Huawei E303 Modem Using the Huawei Code Calculator
The codes we are talking about are the ones you will need to unlock the modem. For this method, they can be generated either online, offline or free ones can be found online. Calculating the codes will rely on the Huawei Code Calculator. Here we go!
- First of all, find the IMEI number of your modem by checking for it under the cap of the modem. If you don’t find it here, insert your modem into a computer’s USB port and wait for it to launch the interface. Click on the Tools section then run the diagnostics. Under the diagnostics check under the Device section for the IMEI number.
- The second stage is determining the type of unlock code for your specific type of modem. To do that, you will need to go to Huawei Algo Check website then insert your IMEI number in the dialog box. Hit on Submit IMEI. You will be shown whether your modem uses the old or new algo calculator.
- When the result comes up, you will have a link to go to the algo calculator you want. However, if you cannot access the calculator from that panel, here is how to do it.
The Old Algorithm
This one can be added at this link. Once you visit the link, you will be presented with a little dialog box to enter your IMEI number. After that, hit on the Calculate button. You will then be presented with an unlock code and a flash code as well. That simply, you have the unlock code for your modem.
The New Algorithm
The new one is also free but quite complex to follow. But, thanks to us, you are a few steps away from unlocking the modem. It uses the Google Plus platform to give you the code you need.
- Go to this link, where you will find a dialog box requiring your Google Plus email and password. Don’t worry as they won’t store your details.
- Enter the email and password and click on the Sign In dialog box.
- In the next stage, enter the IMEI number and the model of the model (E303) and hit the Calculate button.
- The result will be presented as a +1 button where you will get both the old and new algo codes with the flash code.
unlock Huawei E303 Modem
With the codes, you simply insert an unaccepted SIM card in the modem then go to Advanced settings – Sim settings – Unlock Device – Enter the Unlock Code – Click on APPLY. That’s how you will unlock Huawei E303 Modem.