We carry our devices everywhere we go. Given the high cost of cellular data, we always wish we can use our devices on other networks. But when you find out that the network you are trying to use is a proxy one, then you are in trouble. Most of these proxied internet networks are found in schools, colleges, universities and some places of work. The big question therefore is, how do you use WhatsApp with a proxy internet? Some do have username and password too. I am going to show you a way around this and all the apps in your phone will be able to access the proxy internet with ease. Talk of YouTube, Google Playstore, instagram, twitter, skype among others. For this trick, we will be using an app called Drony App. There is another one you could use called Proxy Droid but that one requires that your phone has to be rooted. Well, in this tutorial, I will focus on the Drony App.
Use WhatsApp with Proxy Network: Drony App
You can get the Drony app on the Google Play Store install the App and proceed with the steps below to set it up.
Then follow the steps below;
- Go to the settings of your device, choose the wifi settings and turn on WiFi.
- Go to the network you intend to use, click on it and choose on Modify Network. Choose Advanced Settings then Manual in the proxy settings.
- In the Proxy Hostname, type in localhost then 8020 for the port.
- Launch your Drony app and go to its settings by swiping left.
- Under Network, choose wifi whereupon you will see the network you need to connect to. Click on it then set your proxy as Manual. The other proxy type should be set as Plain.
- Insert the remaining details such as the Hostname, the port, the username and the password.
- When down there, go to the home screen. Change the Off switch to indicate On.
You will be through with the setting of your android device to use the proxy network for your apps. This setting will allow you access some apps which are often limited to the use of your cellular data plan. These apps include the WhatsApp and the Google Play Store app. There are many apps which can be used for this purpose although the Drony app proved to be the easiest to use for this particular purpose. From the initial setting, you will not be required to do any other settings. Each time your phone connects to the network, it will use the needed apps.
As I mentioned before, there are many apps which can be used for this purpose although the Drony app proved to be the easiest to use for this particular purpose. From the initial setting, you will not be required to do any other settings. Each time your phone connects to the network, it will use the needed apps. Get on with it