Google has made it super easy to find your lost Android or iOS device in this day and age where theft is part and parcel of our day to day activities. With phones becoming increasingly important to our daily lives, knowing exactly where they are is imperative. Google says millions of phones are stolen every year in the U.S. alone, making tools like this priceless. It might not deter theft completely, but it’s a good start. If anything, if you wind up leaving your device at a bar or in a taxi you’ll be able to track it down with ease. This method can be instrumental if you have lost your phone to an unknown party or just misplaced it within the house. With the latest google upgrade, the giant search engine has made this possible with the use google accounts and a simple search term.
How to find your lost Android or iOS device
- Internet connection
- Computer/ another phone with internet capability
- You 🙂
- It narrows down to one search term; ‘I lost My Phone‘. Yes, you got it right. All you have to do is go to the google search engine using requirement number 2 above and type in the term I lost my phone. You will then have to sign in using the google account on your lost android phone.
- Once you are signed in, google will begin contacting your phone and eventually locating your phone and once found, it will display the location as accurate as possible.
- Once found and connected, you also have the option to;
- Lock; Where you can change the password of the screen lock making use of the phone practically impossible.
- Ring; With this option you can make Your device to ring at full volume for 5 minutes. Press the power button to stop the ringing. This is necessary if you have misplaced the phone and its around you.
- Erase; This option will enable you to remotely erase all the data on the device to ensure no unauthorized access.
That is how easy it has been made to find your lost Android or iOS device. This method requires that the device’s location be switched on for you to find it and that the device has internet access.
Author: Technology Sage
Technology Sage provides solutions, guides, tips and tricks to all matters mobile phones, computers, software and games. OS and firmware upgrade guides, purchase guides and general technology tweaks are also available. Here is OUR FORUM, OUR VIDEOS Site and Our APK download Site