Knowing how to Unlock Android Pattern, password and pin lock without losing data is key to smooth operations. This implies that you can bypass the pattern lock and the pin lock if you have forgotten it without necessarily formatting your phone or losing the data. In the android fraternity, security is key and often are times when we as individuals need to protect out vital information from the phones against access by unwarranted individuals. This leads us to setting up screen locks such as pattern locks, pin locks, password locks and even face locks.
The worst night mare comes in when you input a wrong pattern and or a wrong pin on android too many times and therefore have too many failed unlock attempts. This leads to the phone asking you to login with your google email account for you to access the phone. This is often impossible with only 10% success rate. this is due to the high chances that you have no internet connection on the phone and the worst is that there is no way for you to turn it on. Lets get down to today’s business.
How to Unlock Android Pattern, password and pin lock without losing data
The most obvious method to access your phone if you have forgotten the pin or pattern and you still cant log in with your email is to factory reset your phone into the reboot mode. Note that this will wipe out all your data saved up in the phone memory. To avoid losing data therefore, use the method below. Unlocking or by passing the Android Pattern and pin lock factory resetting or without losing data requires that you have a rooted android device.
- A rooted Android Phone.
- Custom Recovery in your device.
- Security Lock Disabler tool for android.
- Download the android Lock Disabler tool zip file from this LINK onto your computer. Note that the zip contains three zip folders, that is, pattern disabler, pin disabler and password disabler.
- Take your android Memory card out of the phone, plug it into your computer using an appropriate adapter, card reader or another phone and copy the Lock disabler tool downloaded in step 1 above. You can copy the whole zip file as downloaded or only copy the zip folder within the downloaded one that is relevant to you depending on whether you had a pattern, pin or password enabled.
- After copying to the SD card, put the card back into the phone.
- Boot the phone into the recovery Mode. (Press and hold the volume down and the power button simultaneously until the phone turns on. If your phone has a mechanical ‘home key’ and not a capacitive home button, then you can also press it. that is, volume down + home key + Power button)
- Once in the recovery menu, select ‘mount from SD’ the wording may differ depending on the kind of phone you have. some offer it as ‘install,’ or ‘choose Zip from SD card’
- Navigate to the location where you copied the Lock Disabler tool in your memory card. Here, remember to narrow down to the zip folder relevant to you as explained in step 2. Use the volume up and down buttons to scroll between the menu and the power button to select.
- Once at it, select it. It will prompt you to confirm. Proceed and let it do the magic.
- Once done, reboot the phone and the unlock screen lock will be no more. Same as setting the screen lock to none.
In case this tutorial brings a hullabaloo, be sure to watch the video below on How to Unlock Android Pattern, password and pin lock without losing data.
If you have any queries on Unlocking Android Pattern, password and pin lock without losing data, raise them in the comment box below.